The Charms of a City Hall Wedding




Over the years I've had the pleasure of being involved in the planning a few City Hall weddings.  For couples getting married overseas and having a smaller ceremony in the US or for couples that just want a more intimate experience overall, City Hall weddings are on the rise.  Up almost 23% just in New York City couples are seeing the financial and practical benefits of a simpler ceremony.  I've been in the wedding industry for decades and I remember fondly my brother and sister in law's New York wedding as one of the most special events I've ever been to.  Her family was from Sweden so there were only a few of our family members in attendance.  Me, my mother and my aunt and uncle who were wearing shorts as they just happened to be passing through town on their way to the US Open.  I made the bouquet and after we all went Tavern on the Green, one of my mom's favorite spots.  The couple spent the weekend in the city and then went on their honeymoon.  Still all the fun of pretty clothes, attendants, champagne toasts, a photographer, delicious food and cake.  It was a really memorable.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...